Gwynn Wasson is kind enough to share another easy and cute way to spruce up your Valentine celebrations! This would be perfect for a low-key, special treat with the kids- or for center stage on a dessert table!
Isn’t that cute?
For this project you will need the following…
– 2 8″ inch cookie sticks
– 5 candy covered heart-shaped pretzels
– 1/8″ ribbon
– 1/4″ ribbon
– cupcakes or cake
– hot glue
And, of course, chocolate pretzels found at grocery stores and other large chain stores~
1. Cut a length of the 1/8″ ribbon and tie two of the pretzels together~
2. Repeat step 1 until all of the pretzels are connected…
3. Take one of the cookie sticks and the 1/8″ ribbon. Put a dab of glue on the end of the ribbon.
Adhere the ribbon to the stick and twist the stick winding the ribbon around the stick. When you reach the end of the stick, trim the ribbon. Add a dab of glue to the end of the ribbon and adhere the end of the ribbon to the stick.
4. Take the 1/4″ ribbon and weave it through the center of one of the end pretzels. Add a dab of glue to the end of the ribbon and adhere the end of the ribbon to your stick.
5. Leave about an inch of ribbon between the pretzel and the stick. Loop the other end of the ribbon over to the stick. Trim the ribbon to length. Add a dab of glue to the end of the ribbon and adhere it to the stick.
6. Cut a length of your 1/4″ ribbon and tie it into a bow. Add a dab of glue to the 1/4″ ribbon adhered to the stick and attach the bow.
7. Repeat steps 3-6 for the other stick.
8. Secure the bunting in your cake or cupcakes.
What an easy way to add a little pizzazz to your party! Thank you for sharing, Gwynn!