I have been playing around with a few simple ingredients to make a butterscotch candy. This recipe uses simple ingredients that I hope you are able to find easily.
Chocolate Butterscotch Candy
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup Karo light corn syrup
5 cups Corn Flakes cereal
12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
12 oz. butterscotch chips
- In a large saucepan, heat sugar, peanut butter, and light corn syrup over medium heat until smooth.
- Turn off heat and add in butterscotch chips. Stir continuously to melt the butterscotch into the warm mixture.
- Add Corn Flakes, and mix to coat the cereal evenly.
- Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spread mixture evenly on pan.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees (F).
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly on top of mixture and bake until chocolate chips begin to melt. This takes 15 minutes in my oven. Stay close and watch carefully so that the chocolate does not scorch.
- When chocolate chips begin to melt and sides begin to bubble, remove from oven and spread chocolate evenly across candy.
- Let set (about an hour) and then slice into pieces. Enjoy!
I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does! This recipe combines the old-fashioned recipe of Corn Flake Candy with butterscotch and chocolate. I literally could make this each week and my kids and husband wouldn’t get tired of it. Lol! I love adapting older recipes and making them a little bit new. If you have a recipe that you would like to share, please do! You can always email it to me. I will also share a video of this recipe on my Instagram.
For other simple candy recipes, you can also try one of these…
If you prefer to pin for future reference…