I have so much to catch up on but wanted to stop for a few minutes and share this week’s fun finds that I love from Draper James! I hope you love them, too. Let me know what you choose and how you like it- I really enjoy hearing your thoughts! Here’s to good week ahead! Let’s do some shopping together~
Seersucker Shift – I love how simple dresses are for summer, and I love the lightweight material of seersucker. This easy shift is a summer staple and is also perfect as a cover up at the pool or beach.
2. Navy with Dots Tiered Dress – I love the shape and slight swing of this dress. The tiers give it personality- and navy goes with everything. Pair it with a striped sandal or wedge- or stick with a solid. It is so flattering and pretty.
3. Chambray Dress with Belt– this is a really versatile dress that looks great with a sweater or jacket over it. A great piece to wear in summer and also to transition into fall. Also, it is so easy to accessorize because it is a neutral.
4. Chambray Midi Wrap Dress – I always love a wrap dress! I have this dress in the maxi dress design from last summer, and it is such an easy staple to have in my closet. I really like the different length of this dress- the midi length is also nice for summer and for leading into fall. Accessories can be most anything you choose- I especially like pairing red and green with chambray- but anything from pink to brown will look fantastic.
5. Gingham Flutter Sleeve Shirtdress– this one is a showstopper. The color and the style are gorgeous- and top it off with the comfortable fit for a perfect dress! This would make a wonderful dress for a special occasion. I love how flattering the flutter sleeve is and how cheerful the entire look is.
6. Eyelet Print Midi Dress – This dress is my favorite for the summer from Draper James. The eyelet makes it! It is such a beautiful combination of color, print, and fabric. The design is so feminine- it feels more like a luxury item but is actually in the affordable range.
8. Circle Dress with Dots– I have always liked the fit of the circle dresses at Draper James. The price is under $100 which is also a plus. They are easy and breezy for summer while helping us feel pulled together. Here is one of the fun patterns for this summer…
9. Linen Wrap Dress – The coolness of linen combined with the wrap design puts this dress on my list of favorites. I really like the blue and white stripes that give the dress a classic look and make it perfect for summer after summer.
10. Wide-Leg Chambray Pants– These pants feel like lounge pants but look polished and poised. Pair it with your favorite white top or pair it with a print…the pants go with so many different tops. They are also on sale!
11. Just for kicks… Sotheby’s Gustav Carroll Cherub Mirror ~ I love finding a splurge piece that is fun to dream about…I have been working on decorating our house and this popped into my feed. I love antique mirrors (not to look in, but their shape and design and details). If you are feeling fancy, this mirror is gorgeous! If you snag it, please send me a photo of it! 🙂 It is currently half price but still pricey.
Two questions I am asked many times is, “What should I pack to wear when I visit Nantucket?” and “Which shops do you recommend the most?” First of all, I recommend packing a few Draper James pieces in your suitcase. The dresses are my favorites because they are perfect for looking nice and feeling comfortable. For me, they are a perfect mix of stylish, polished, and comfortable. I suggest taking a look at all of the different styles and patterns that they offer and finding what you feel like suits your tastes. Here are the ones I chose for my trip…
The navy gingham love circle dress was one of my first choices when I was getting ready to head to Nantucket for summer. I especially like how easy it is to layer a sweater over it for the cooler mornings and evenings that are typical to a Nantucket summer. Navy and white always seem like the right feel for anywhere, but especially a coastal town.
The circle dress has a great fit to it and is casual enough to wear around town and dressy enough to go to brunch. I wore it several times and I love how you can add different necklaces, earrings, handbags to the the dress for a different look each time. Here -walking down Main Street- I kept it simple (but I can never resist picking up a bouquet of flowers that are grown on Nantucket). As a side note, when I was in college, I would stop by Flowers on Chestnut and bring home a bundle of their flowers for my house. Back then, the flower shop was simply called “Flowers” and it was on Federal Street. I can’t resist the flower finds on Nantucket- and there are flower trucks that park on Main Street on select days so that you can get your flower fix. I always love the variety of what you can find. And so, I always grab a bouquet when I can! As another interesting side note, so many people smile at you or say hello when you are carrying flowers. I swear by it and the flower trucks and shops are always on my suggestions of shops to visit! 🙂
Speaking of flowers…there is no shortage of gorgeous flowers growing on Nantucket in the summer. If you follow me on Instagram, you probably saw all of the beautiful gardens and hydrangea hedges that I shared. The flowers are part of the charm of the island- they are always so picturesque. Knowing how much I love the hydrangeas spilling over everywhere, Rebecca suggested that we stop and shoot some pics at this pretty little spot in town.
As I mentioned, Draper James navy blue circle dress definitely transitions easily from shopping for Nantucket treasures to stopping for lunch or brunch. And, a Peter Beaton hat is always on my list of wants when I am on Nantucket- just visiting the hat studio is fun! You can try on the different shapes and sizes and make a list of your favorites on your phone- it took me a while to decide which one to choose. Having photos and notes (and an opinionated daughter) was helpful when I was choosing which one I liked best. I will share more in another post about Peter Beaton Hat Studio.
I decided to go big because, well, I am a little on the fair side and can use all of the help I can get to block the sun. 🙂
And, because Rebecca Love is so good at learning about her clients and what they like, we ended up on the cutest street that my daughter loves. One of my very favorite things to do on Nantucket is to wander around and to walk the different lanes. This stone street is a special little gem and I was really excited that Rebecca and I ended up on it!
This dress has a versatile vibe so that we can dress it up with cute shoes or keep it casual with slides- which helps a lot because Nantucket is no joke when it comes to needing shoes that can get you around on the cobblestones. That is another reason that this Draper James dress was one of my go-to dresses for the summer- it looks great dressed up or down! As a side note, it is now on sale! I would scoop it up – it is such a great staple!
Another of my go-to dresses has been this one…it is so perfect for cooler days and nights by the beach- and for spring and fall temperature changes. This shirtdress is such a good one! It is comfortable and can be cinched with the belt or worn more loosely. I love the stripes!
Knowing that the little lanes of Nantucket are, literally, right up my alley Rebecca practically read my mind when we walked over to this street on our little tour around town…
I walk by it each day on my way to and from Main Street and always think of how perfect it would be for photographs. Especially, because it also has an American flag right in the middle of it all! And, speaking of perfect, did you notice that this cute and comfy dress also has pockets? That is always a plus!! Thank you, Draper James, for getting it!
Doesn’t that flag look so pretty right in the middle of this lovely little lane? Nantucket is one of the most patriotic places around which makes me love it even more.
And more hydrangeas made another not-so-surprising appearance in our stroll around town. Always stop to smell the flowers and photograph them while you’re at it!
The 2 different shades of blue stripes make for a great mix of colors- and it is neutral enough to add any color you like to complement. Pink, green, orange would all look great with this shirtdress if you wanted to add those colors in with accessories. I kept it neutral, but I feel like there are endless ways to wear this dress! Also, it is ON SALE!
The third dress that I took with me to Nantucket is by far the most versatile. It is a great outfit to have in your closet because I can’t even count how many different ways you can change it up or the number of places it is perfectly suited. It is casual but dressy- comfy but totally pulled together!
Draper James kindly sent this dress to me as a gift, and I feel like it is a perfect representation of the type of clothing that they make…stylish, comfortable, flattering to all body types, classic, but always on-trend. And…how cute is this customized beach ball by Jennifer at A Party Made Perfect? Jennifer personalized this beach ball just for us, and I love how pretty her calligraphy is (Jennifer has tons of creative party ideas in addition to her fabulous beach balls!)!
This is one of those dresses that speaks for itself, but wow- I could see me over-wearing this dress really easily! Ha! It is just so easy and comfortable- and forgiving of any flaws we sometimes think we have. It works for different ages and different body types equally well. I will link it for you so that you can check it out, too! Here is the Chambray Maxi Dress.
As you can tell, we ended our walk around town by doing what always seems to happen on Nantucket…heading to the beach! We went to Brant Point lighthouse to end our little tour and take the last few photos. Having the maxi dress on at the beach was perfect for the cool breeze- and the dress stood up to the wind! 🙂 The wrap dress wraps well and stays put. I can’t wait to wear this denim maxi into the fall. It would easily pair with a cropped sweater or jacket to take you into the cooler months of the year. It also would be great for SEC tailgating, casual fall get-togethers, and even the holidays. I have loved it, and I appreciate it so much!
I hope that this post has given you some ideas for what works well when planning your trip to Nantucket. The best part about the Draper James outfits to me is that they continue to be a perfect choice even when you’re not at the beach or on vacation. The styling adapts to any setting so that you always look and feel well-dressed and comfortable at the same time. Draper James has also expanded their lines to make more sizing options available – they really do listen to their client base and help us all look our best wherever we go!
I will continue this virtual tour of Nantucket and share more shopping with you as we go. If you would like to find Draper James on Nantucket, they have a select group of items at Skinny Dip Nantucket. Of course, wherever you are, you can shop online. The summer sale is going on and so it is a great time to grab some of your favorites at a discount! I would love to know what you wear from Draper James! Feel free to share your finds with me, too! Happy Shopping!