Embroidered Dip Dyed Dress ~ I love a really unique dress and couldn’t resist sharing this one with you. It is happy and vivid- and I love the unexpected colors and embroidery. This one is a winner- and I am loving the comeback of beautiful sleeves!
2. Eyelet Tiered Dress – For something a little more casual and in a unique and beautiful color, try this eyelet dress. I love it with flats or a strappy sandal.
3. White Dress with Yellow Embroidery ~ This cute summer dress is on sale! I love the sleeves and how breezy and light the dress is. I think it looks best with sandals or a cute slide. You could keep the look neutral or even pair it with a bright colored purse to mix it up.
4. Blue and White Stripe Midi Dress– This dress is gorgeous for spring and summer- and you really won’t believe the price! It’s a steal! They have several different colors if you prefer something other than blue stripes!
5. Black and White Geometric Design Dress– This dress is a great choice if you prefer neutral colors but also like pattern. It will easily transition into fall, too! The price is under $30.00 right now. I love how you can add any color accessories to this dress to complete the outfit!
6. Blue and White Summer Dress – This dress has a similar feel to it as the one above, but in more traditional patterns- and in blue and white! I love this one, too! It is easy to wear and could even double as a swim cover, if you like! This dress is currently priced around $26.00.
7. Mint Green Summer Dress– This dress comes in other colors, but I love this mint! What an easy outfit to toss on for the day! You could also easily add a jacket or sweater with it, if needed. Again, this one is under $30.00.
8. Blue and White Stripe Summer Dress ~ The most perfect summery dress in blue and white stripes! Easy, breezy, and beautiful! I love the dress paired with straw- or you could also add pops of color to it if you wanted. The price (under $20) makes it a bargain, and the style and pattern make it a classic favorite.
9. Orange Maxi Dress– I love the halter style top and the long, flowing skirt. This maxi dress is affordable and so chic! It is priced under $40.
10. Red Flutter Sleeve Eyelet – If you are looking ahead to July 4th weekend and want a great top to pair with shorts, pants or a skirt…this one has you covered! It is spirited but can also be worn all summer. What a great color, too! I always like finding ways to show my love for red white and blue in the prettiest ways!
11. Mini Straw Tote – This tote is perfect for summer days! The gingham scarf tie makes it stand out with personality and polish. This is the type of bag that I would buy and use for years because it is stylish and classic.
12. Blue and White Stripe Beach Bag ~ I love the shade of blue on this bag! It is so pretty and convenient for the pool and the beach. It is the classic Draper James blue stripe, and I love the look! What a great way to carry all of our things!
I hope you find some fun summer ideas for your closet! I love sourcing these for you, and I also love hearing feedback on what you would like to see more or less of when I am sharing ideas. Shopping is one of my favorite past times, and it is fun to shop along with you!
Have a great week!
This post contains affiliate links. By clicking on the links, I may make a small commission on the linked item. This will not affect your price or purchase. The commission is paid to me by the retailer to help support this blog which helps me continue to create new content for you all.
Favorite finds from retailers are some of my favorite things to bring to you- especially as we have been trying to support our businesses across our country during this pandemic.
I have held off on posting my “Lydia Loves” selections lately- not because I don’t constantly find things I love, but because I am trying to decide on a better way to share them. I am hoping to have a great way to make it easy to share and to find them all in one place eventually. In the meantime, I was accepted to join Like to Know It and this will let me share items and be able to connect you right to them. I am excited to begin with Liketoknowit- and you can follow me on the app to see what I am sharing!
2. Boho Embroidered Dress by Chic Wish – I also love this easy going but so beautiful dress. You can dress it up or wear with sandals. It is so comfy! You can also add a belt if you would like to change up the silhouette.
3. Summery Blue Striped Dress – how pretty is this classic sundress in blue stripes? I love the look and also how easy it is to layer a sweater over it for cooler spring days. And- it is on sale right now!
4. Balloon Sleeve Organza Shirt I love white statement shirts and the versatility of them! This blouse stands out with its sleeves- and it is perfect to pair with everything from shorts to a midi skirt. I think it would look great with a pair of pink, or green, or blue, or yellow pants. It is an amazingly good price point, too!
5. Daisy Tank ~ For a splurge, I love this top from Sea New York! It is actually on sale right now. I love the sleeve that hits in the most flattering way. The color is also so pretty without being overly sweet! It is a perfect shade of coral~
6. Balloon Sleeved Romper– this romper is so cute and a perfect dressy-casual look. It is a little on the big side, so keep that in mind when ordering. I love the loose scrunchie holding the model’s hair and I also like this romper with a Twilly added to a ponytail. The romper also comes in yellow.
7. Aubrey Printed Scarf– this scarf is 2o” square and makes a great addition wrapped onto the handles of your favorite bag, tied onto one handle of a tote or purse, tied in your hair, or even around your wrist. I love the colors of this pink version and it also comes in other color ways. It’s an easy way to add a something new to your outfit, and it can be used again and again! P.S. It’s only $20!
8. Marimekko Dress– I am always a sucher for Marimekko, and this dress is so pretty and happy. It comes with a belt and so you can have 2 different looks. I love the soft colors with the bold flowers! It is a splurge-worthy, classic Marimekko look.
9. Nantucket Reds Tretorns– my daughter and I bought these last summer and we have loved them. I should say she has loved them more than she has let me love them lol! But, yes- an iconic Nantucket fabric symbolic of the island combined with an iconic tennis shoe can be too hard to resist! We bought ours at Murray’s Toggery on Nantucket, but you can purchase them right here, too!
10. Floral Dress – this dress looks beautiful on and is available in a couple of sizes currently. It is on sale and so I wanted to share it with you in case it is just your size and just your look! I think it is such a great dress for summer dinners as we venture back out (hopefully!).
I hope that you love this first installation of my fashion finds as much as I love sharing them with you. It makes me want to go get dressed and go do something fun! Even if it’s only in the back yard!
Let me know what you would like to see more of in the fashion finds- here are a few questions that would be helpful to know as I find more things to share with you.
Do you like when I add in “splurge” pieces?
Would you like for me to include more accessories?
Would you like for me to gather ideas for the home and give you links to shop for them?
Thank you for being here and for being such a fun part of each day with me! Chat soon!
Two questions I am asked many times is, “What should I pack to wear when I visit Nantucket?” and “Which shops do you recommend the most?” First of all, I recommend packing a few Draper James pieces in your suitcase. The dresses are my favorites because they are perfect for looking nice and feeling comfortable. For me, they are a perfect mix of stylish, polished, and comfortable. I suggest taking a look at all of the different styles and patterns that they offer and finding what you feel like suits your tastes. Here are the ones I chose for my trip…
The navy gingham love circle dress was one of my first choices when I was getting ready to head to Nantucket for summer. I especially like how easy it is to layer a sweater over it for the cooler mornings and evenings that are typical to a Nantucket summer. Navy and white always seem like the right feel for anywhere, but especially a coastal town.
The circle dress has a great fit to it and is casual enough to wear around town and dressy enough to go to brunch. I wore it several times and I love how you can add different necklaces, earrings, handbags to the the dress for a different look each time. Here -walking down Main Street- I kept it simple (but I can never resist picking up a bouquet of flowers that are grown on Nantucket). As a side note, when I was in college, I would stop by Flowers on Chestnut and bring home a bundle of their flowers for my house. Back then, the flower shop was simply called “Flowers” and it was on Federal Street. I can’t resist the flower finds on Nantucket- and there are flower trucks that park on Main Street on select days so that you can get your flower fix. I always love the variety of what you can find. And so, I always grab a bouquet when I can! As another interesting side note, so many people smile at you or say hello when you are carrying flowers. I swear by it and the flower trucks and shops are always on my suggestions of shops to visit! 🙂
Speaking of flowers…there is no shortage of gorgeous flowers growing on Nantucket in the summer. If you follow me on Instagram, you probably saw all of the beautiful gardens and hydrangea hedges that I shared. The flowers are part of the charm of the island- they are always so picturesque. Knowing how much I love the hydrangeas spilling over everywhere, Rebecca suggested that we stop and shoot some pics at this pretty little spot in town.
As I mentioned, Draper James navy blue circle dress definitely transitions easily from shopping for Nantucket treasures to stopping for lunch or brunch. And, a Peter Beaton hat is always on my list of wants when I am on Nantucket- just visiting the hat studio is fun! You can try on the different shapes and sizes and make a list of your favorites on your phone- it took me a while to decide which one to choose. Having photos and notes (and an opinionated daughter) was helpful when I was choosing which one I liked best. I will share more in another post about Peter Beaton Hat Studio.
I decided to go big because, well, I am a little on the fair side and can use all of the help I can get to block the sun. 🙂
And, because Rebecca Love is so good at learning about her clients and what they like, we ended up on the cutest street that my daughter loves. One of my very favorite things to do on Nantucket is to wander around and to walk the different lanes. This stone street is a special little gem and I was really excited that Rebecca and I ended up on it!
This dress has a versatile vibe so that we can dress it up with cute shoes or keep it casual with slides- which helps a lot because Nantucket is no joke when it comes to needing shoes that can get you around on the cobblestones. That is another reason that this Draper James dress was one of my go-to dresses for the summer- it looks great dressed up or down! As a side note, it is now on sale! I would scoop it up – it is such a great staple!
Another of my go-to dresses has been this one…it is so perfect for cooler days and nights by the beach- and for spring and fall temperature changes. This shirtdress is such a good one! It is comfortable and can be cinched with the belt or worn more loosely. I love the stripes!
Knowing that the little lanes of Nantucket are, literally, right up my alley Rebecca practically read my mind when we walked over to this street on our little tour around town…
I walk by it each day on my way to and from Main Street and always think of how perfect it would be for photographs. Especially, because it also has an American flag right in the middle of it all! And, speaking of perfect, did you notice that this cute and comfy dress also has pockets? That is always a plus!! Thank you, Draper James, for getting it!
Doesn’t that flag look so pretty right in the middle of this lovely little lane? Nantucket is one of the most patriotic places around which makes me love it even more.
And more hydrangeas made another not-so-surprising appearance in our stroll around town. Always stop to smell the flowers and photograph them while you’re at it!
The 2 different shades of blue stripes make for a great mix of colors- and it is neutral enough to add any color you like to complement. Pink, green, orange would all look great with this shirtdress if you wanted to add those colors in with accessories. I kept it neutral, but I feel like there are endless ways to wear this dress! Also, it is ON SALE!
The third dress that I took with me to Nantucket is by far the most versatile. It is a great outfit to have in your closet because I can’t even count how many different ways you can change it up or the number of places it is perfectly suited. It is casual but dressy- comfy but totally pulled together!
Draper James kindly sent this dress to me as a gift, and I feel like it is a perfect representation of the type of clothing that they make…stylish, comfortable, flattering to all body types, classic, but always on-trend. And…how cute is this customized beach ball by Jennifer at A Party Made Perfect? Jennifer personalized this beach ball just for us, and I love how pretty her calligraphy is (Jennifer has tons of creative party ideas in addition to her fabulous beach balls!)!
This is one of those dresses that speaks for itself, but wow- I could see me over-wearing this dress really easily! Ha! It is just so easy and comfortable- and forgiving of any flaws we sometimes think we have. It works for different ages and different body types equally well. I will link it for you so that you can check it out, too! Here is the Chambray Maxi Dress.
As you can tell, we ended our walk around town by doing what always seems to happen on Nantucket…heading to the beach! We went to Brant Point lighthouse to end our little tour and take the last few photos. Having the maxi dress on at the beach was perfect for the cool breeze- and the dress stood up to the wind! 🙂 The wrap dress wraps well and stays put. I can’t wait to wear this denim maxi into the fall. It would easily pair with a cropped sweater or jacket to take you into the cooler months of the year. It also would be great for SEC tailgating, casual fall get-togethers, and even the holidays. I have loved it, and I appreciate it so much!
I hope that this post has given you some ideas for what works well when planning your trip to Nantucket. The best part about the Draper James outfits to me is that they continue to be a perfect choice even when you’re not at the beach or on vacation. The styling adapts to any setting so that you always look and feel well-dressed and comfortable at the same time. Draper James has also expanded their lines to make more sizing options available – they really do listen to their client base and help us all look our best wherever we go!
I will continue this virtual tour of Nantucket and share more shopping with you as we go. If you would like to find Draper James on Nantucket, they have a select group of items at Skinny Dip Nantucket. Of course, wherever you are, you can shop online. The summer sale is going on and so it is a great time to grab some of your favorites at a discount! I would love to know what you wear from Draper James! Feel free to share your finds with me, too! Happy Shopping!